Individual Tax Deductible Donations
You can help to support our research projects, fellowships and other AUSiMED activities through one off or regular philanthropic giving. All donations are tax deductible.
Support a Project
Passionate about a particular project? Pledge your support to any one of our ongoing or upcoming projects by contacting Karen Teshuva via the link below.
- Research Fellowships
- Therapy for Heart Attacks
- Treatment for Prostate Cancer
- Youth Mental Health Training Program
Help us unlock the incredible potential that flows from medical collaboration between Australia and Israel. Your donation will enable Australian and Israeli researchers and doctors to continue working together to improve global health.
Venture Philanthropy Fund (VPF)
AUSiMED’s Venture Philanthropy Fund is an exciting opportunity to invest in medical research. It is applicable for research projects with potential for a commercial outcome and it is supported by a Tax Ruling from the Australian Taxation Office.
How the VPF approach arose
The VPF approach arose from a PAF asking – why they could not get a return where research was commercially successful as they would do if it was a venture capital investment. The approach developed in response allows PAFs and/or AUSiMED to do this and redeploy these funds into further work.
How does it work?
- The PAF lends AUSiMED an amount of money
- This money is combined with loans from other PAFs and/or donations
- AUSiMED lends the money to the research project
If the project is successful:
- AUSiMED is repaid the loan amount + interest (up to RBA rate + 14%).
- AUSiMED repays the loans from PAFs along with the proportionate share of interest (and retains the balance relating to donated funds used to fund the project)
If the project is unsuccessful:
- the PAF treats the loan amount + the entire interest foregone (up to RBA rate + 14%) as part of its required annual giving
- This enables PAFs to choose either to give away less or treat any excess over the required minimum annual gifting as additional gifting.
To receive information about our latest projects please subscribe to our newsletter.